Kim Carnesi has been an advocate for medical professionals throughout the Tri-State for twenty years. Her advocacy extends to all areas of healthcare provider business. She also has experience in representing insurance companies in third party practice and indemnification proceedings. Ms. Carnesi’s efforts have led to dozens of defense verdicts and dismissals by trial and by motion.
Ms. Carnesi's practice focuses on medical malpractice, health care law and general liability defense.
Ms. Carnesi also has extensive experience in appellate practice and has successfully argued numerous cases before the Appellate Division. Several of her reported cases are listed below.
Ms. Carnesi lives with her husband and two children in New Jersey.
- Roca v. ___, 51 A.D.3d 757 (2008)(whether the continuous treatment doctrine applies and whether defendant physician is entitled to psychiatric records of plaintiff)
- DiGiaro v. ___, 41 A.D.3d 764 (2007)(whether physician departed from standard of care and whether the continuous treatment doctrine applies)
- Rodriguez v. ___, 29 A.D.3d 885 (2006)(whether attending physician, not notified of patient’s status, is responsible for malpractice of resident)
- Etienne v. ___, 295 A.D.2d 559 (2002)(whether attending physician is responsible for actions of resident where attending was not involved in care and mistakenly signed record)
- Monello v. ___, 281 A.D.2d 463 (2001)(whether the continuous treatment doctrine applies)
- Carvano v. ___, 270 A.D.2d 222 (2000)(whether out of possession landlord is responsible for injuries related to snow and ice removal)
- Murdocca v. ___, 265 A.D.2d 537 (1999)(whether the plaintiff’s failure to provide discovery warrants dismissal)
- Schenk v. ___, 266 A.D.2d 199 (1999)(whether defendant physicians are entitled to psychiatric examination of plaintiff)
- Palla v. ___, 248 A.D.2d 603 (1998)(whether venue is proper)
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- Partner, Ekblom & Partners, LLP, New York, New York
- LeClairRyan, Newark, New Jersey
- Amabile & Erman, Staten Island, New York
- General, Premises Liability Defense
- Product Liability Defense
- Long Term Care
- Health Care
- Labor Law
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- Wagner College
B.A., Political Science (1993)
- Bar Admissions
New York, New Jersey
- Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York